Flags of Countries Visiting "Through My Eyes"

free counters

Friday, March 5, 2010

104.5 KFOG' s 10 @ 10, with Annalisa: 1968 Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hey there Readers,

As much as I love re-creating "KFOG's 10 @ 10, with Annalisa", all good things must come to an end.

I had been contemplating the discontinuation of this very fun daily endeavor for about a week or so now, but I didn't know how or when to do it.

Yesterday I took the day off, and therefore was not on the computer to put together yesterday's "10@ 10" set, although I did get to hear it on my car radio as it was being played.

1968 was a very special year in music for me, because that was the year that I bought every single 45 that was released!

So when I heard all those fabulous songs again, one after another, I couldn't wait to re-create that set for you all.

Today, as I was compiling the songs for today's "10 @ 10", which was 1985, I came to the realization that this was indeed the end of the road .

The main consideration was that even though Playlist.com has provided me with most of the songs on a given day, there were just one or two songs simply not available.

Wanting to re-create all of Annalisa's selections as much as possible, I felt that I wasn't doing the program justice by substituting songs that weren't actually played in the set on those days.

So, with that in mind I decided that 1968 would be the last of the 13 "10 @ 10" re-creations to be posted on "Through My Eyes".

My lovely sweetheart Jamie has been prodding me to come up with my own compliations, which I will finally debut on Wednesday, March 10th, 2010.

It will be called "Mick's Mix: Top 40 Hits 1954-1993", and will be posted every Wednesday, featuring 40 songs, one from the current week from each of those years, taken from Cashbox Magazine's Top Singles Charts.

This is really going to be fun, picking 40 songs from 40 years of pop music to share with you all.

Below is the final installment of my re-creation of "104.5 KFOG's 10 @ 10, with Annalisa", featuring that fabulous musical year in pop, 1968.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Mick

1. The Equals - Baby, Come Back
2. Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
3. The Amboy Dukes - Journey To The Center Of The Mind
4. The Moody Blues - Departure/Ride My See-Saw
5. The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
6. The Beatles - Lady Madonna *
7. The Beatles - Back in the U.S.S.R. **
8. Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (1967) ***
9. James Brown -Say It Loud I'm Black and I'm Proud
10. The Rascals - People Got To Be Free

* substituted for Mary Hopkin - "Those Were the Days", which was not available
** substituted for "Glass Onion", which was not available
*** substituted for "Sweet Thing", which was not available

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/19382383371


No comments: