Flags of Countries Visiting "Through My Eyes"

free counters

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Picking Up Where I left Off

Good Morning!

I can't believe it's been 5 1/2 years since my last post.

A lot has happened to me and you, and the world in general, since the last time I posted in March of 2010.

One of the biggest changes of all is that my beloved San Francisco Giants have finally won the World Series, not once, not twice, but 3 times!!

Unbelievable you say?

Not for me.

I've always maintained that "no one sucks forever, because forever is a long, long time".

That is an axiom that I created way back in 1977 when the hapless Tampa Bay Buccaneers not only lost all 14 games in their inaugural NFL season in 1976, but also the first 12 games of the following 1977 season, before finally breaking through in the second to last game of the season, to get their first franchise win in a 33-14 victory over the Saints in New Orleans on December 11, 1977.

The Bucs went on to win their next game too, the final game of the season, at home against the St. Louis Cardinals, 17-7.

It was after that game, and the end of a horrible stretch of an NFL record 26 losses in a row to start a franchise, that I came up with my inspirational quote, ala Yogi Berra, who had just passed away at the age of 90 less than a week earlier.

And every year I would apply that same mind set to my San Francisco Giants.

What can I say, I am a true believer!

I just knew in my heart of hearts that eventually, someday, the Giants would win the World Series.

The rest, as they say, is history.

It's ironic that I should, just out of the blue, resume my blogging just 2 days after the Giants were eliminated from post-season contention by their longtime rivals, the Los Angeles Dodgers, 8-0, on their way to clinching the MLB Western Division crown, to end the Giants current reign as the 2014 World Series Champions.

Last night (Wednesday, September 30th, 2015) the men in Orange & Black got a measure of revenge by blowing out, and shutting out the Dodgers, 5-0, at AT&T Park in San Francisco.

Today the Giants and the Dodgers go at it again in the series finale this afternoon, putting an end to this year’s 19 meetings, in which the Giants currently hold an 11-7 edge, while outscoring the Dodgers by a mere 3 runs.

As you can tell, I have a lot to say after my unintentional 5 + years hiatus from my blog.

I have to wrap this up because I am getting ready to drive to Albuquerque, New Mexico from Sacramento, California (1,091 miles/15 hours) to attend the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, with my great friend Sandra.

It feels great to be back, to share life's experiences... through my eyes.


I'll keep you posted.

No comments: